Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good recommendation on a cargo carrier that uses the hitch? Need a spot to put luggage etc during family trips. I'm also looking for a good bike rack carrier recommendation. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
I bought this carrier; Amazon.com: Masterbuilt H482FW HITCH-HAUL Sport Cargo Carrier: Automotive I liked the high clearance design, cheap price, light weight, narrow enough to not block the tail lights ( although I installed LED tail lights on the carrier) only issue I had and I was expecting was interference with my 35/12.50 spare tire. I fabricated an extra 4" length to the 2" tubing to clear my spare. If your running stock size tires it would clear easy.
Also you need one of these http://www.amazon.com/Stow-Away-020-6-StowAway-Tightener/dp/B0001CMUV4/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1398216237&sr=1-1&keywords=hitch+stabilizer

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the inputs! Those are way cheaper than the ones I was looking at. The Curt and Rola models are pretty nice. Would be cool to get one that I can use both the carrier and the bike rack together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts