Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're looking for... well, I can't put it any better than they do on their website...

"for outdoor adventure-type Jeep® owners who need a rack to transport kayaks and other gear but do NOT want to:

- Modify their Jeep® with a cage or other permanent or semi-permanent modifications.
- Remove the top and haphazardly strap things to the roll bars and windshield.
- Purchase and house a trailer for just the occasional haul."

This rack hauls 2 kayaks plus 2 bikes at the same time! Doesn't include the kayak J-hooks, but the 1" square cross bars will fit almost any kayak J-hook kayak racks. Hard top, soft top, no top - doesn't matter. And if you've got a soft top, you can still take it down/up while the rack is on! What a great idea - check it out at https://www.hitchmount-rack.com/

·
Registered
992 Posts
I wonder whether you can strap one of those cargo "bullets" onto this carrier. If so, it could make for a very intriguing alternative to full racks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow, I once was intercepted by a cop cause my kayak was about 3 feet longer than my spare tire.

In many areas you have a max limit that an object can overhang from the rear lights. And nope, a flag is not always enough.

·
Registered
425 Posts
And I tough it was a pain to open my rear gate with my bikes, now have to find a place on the sidewalk to laydown the kayaks or canoe to get acces to my fridge.

No for me. Maybe if it was an arch going around the rear door or cargo latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts