Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find squat, so here goes. I've been looking at hitches and they all appear to be made by the same manufacturer including the OEM one with the exception of the Curts hitch and the fact that some have the nuts welded on. The prices are all over the place. Has anyone been able to compare a couple of them side by side to see what or if there are any differences? I don't mind spending more if it's made heavier (thicker brackets) but would hate to spend more if it's the same thing. Thanks for your thoughts and help.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I installed a Quadratec hitch on my Sahara about a week after I got it. It was one of those things I needed but forgot to make sure they got when found my jeep. I can't tell any difference between it and the stock factory hitch I had on my last Sahara. When I got it they had the QuadraPac with hitch, wiring harness, and hitch plug for $79. And it was free shipping on any purchase over $75. That was the best I could find easily. My opinion is that with the Wranglers rated for such a low towing poundage, I think they could make them out of cardboard without it being an issue. I would personally rather have a frame rail mounted hitch but it's not necessary for a vehicle that can legally only tow 3500#. Hope some of this rambling was helpful...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ditto that. Compared and went with the Quadratec hitch. With the quadrpack it was a great deal, install was easy. Good price, good quality.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can't really compare it to any other hitch, but I recently installed the Curt class III hitch and Curt D ring recovery attachment. Both are very solid and the hitch installed pretty easy.

·
Administrator
17,000 Posts
I would personally rather have a frame rail mounted hitch but it's not necessary for a vehicle that can legally only tow 3500#. Hope some of this rambling was helpful...
That's why I did the Smitty XRC bumper with integrated hitch. Uses the same 4 bolts into the crossmember and another 4 (2 each side) into the frame.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I installed a Quadratec hitch on my Sahara about a week after I got it. It was one of those things I needed but forgot to make sure they got when found my jeep. I can't tell any difference between it and the stock factory hitch I had on my last Sahara. When I got it they had the QuadraPac with hitch, wiring harness, and hitch plug for $79. And it was free shipping on any purchase over $75. That was the best I could find easily. My opinion is that with the Wranglers rated for such a low towing poundage, I think they could make them out of cardboard without it being an issue. I would personally rather have a frame rail mounted hitch but it's not necessary for a vehicle that can legally only tow 3500#. Hope some of this rambling was helpful...
I agree. I would normally look for a frame mounted hitch but the Quadratec is rated for 3500 lbs and my Wrangler is rated to tow 2000 lbs so the Quadratec should suffice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts