Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my soft top has had a slight leak for quite a while now and I'm pretty sure it's not damaging anything just a minor annoyance when is raining steadily outside. It's right above the passenger and driver doors. I attached some pics to give better insight as I doubt I'm the only one who's probably seen this. Question is am I putting on my soft top wrong? Not sure what I could be missing and would a premium soft top fox it? Just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same leak show up this week. Had a heavy rain, lots of wind so it was coming at an angle. I was traveling so could not put it in the garage. I ended up loosening the top up (flip the front things) and reset the top up paying attention to make sure I had a good seal. Rained all night with no more leakage.

Dave

·
Registered
195 Posts
The A Piller foam seal is the major leak area, I had the same leaks as in the pictures but messing with the foam seal cured it completely. This week we had really heavy rain and I am running my hard top, got in the jeep put in reverse and got very wet as my sound bar had filled with water from the freedom top panels not being sealed properly. Any other car I would not of been laughing buts it's a jeep and all part of the fun!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had both door seals replace twice, windshield header seal replaced. Still leaks. They ordered all new door surrounds but I never went back. I don't have time to drop my new Jeep off every week and go get a rental car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts