·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Cut lots of brackets off the frame, cut the rear 3 feet off as well. Going to do the rear frame in 2x4 after I get it back under the Jeep and set the motor and transmission in its place. I am going to be hard mounting the body to the frame since the original mounts were shot and I will likely need more clearance because of the belly up skid plate I am doing.

Picked up a cheap plasma cutter to rough cut my brackets and gussets for cross members.

I made my transmission cross member and cut out the brackets, I just need to spend some time on the grinder to get them looking good.

Reactions: Izzy Does It

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great project! This thing is going to be SO freaking cool. Way beyond my pay grade but just wondering... if you wanted to add length... why not start with a 4 door frame?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also, picked up a JKU that needed a new engine. It will be getting the automatic transmission as well. Full project in itself. It had a ripped soft top so we picked up a used Hardtop off of a Rubicon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Great project! This thing is going to be SO freaking cool. Way beyond my pay grade but just wondering... if you wanted to add length... why not start with a 4 door frame?

Because I want a good amount of rubber sticking out past the bumper/frame ends. For approach angles at steep ledges. I also prefer the looks of a 2 door, I would have to cut out the B pillar knowing I would damage it beyond repair.

·
Registered
320 Posts
ah - got it. Looking forward to watching this all come together! Going to be an awesome one of a kind ride!

Reactions: WhiteSandsJeep

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Made the engine mounts on the frame side and got the drive train in place.

Reactions: Izzy Does It
21 - 28 of 28 Posts