Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first Jeep- a '14 Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Rubicon.

I'd love to know what the best function hard top hoist others use.

Thanks!

-Adam

·
Registered
190 Posts
I second the Harken Hoister. One-hand operation, and it's safe and secure. I was familiar with the Harken name in sailboat rigging. Takes a little more time than the instructions indicate for lay-out to get the correct lift/lower range.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much- I think I'll be purchasing this one. The link doesn't mention that it's compatible with 2014 models, but I'd assume it would be with the list of 4 doors/model years.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
807 Posts
For me just 4 tie down straps and eye screws. I've done it enough to be able to get it off by myself in about 10 minutes. Put to back on in about 15 minutes.

☞ Sent from here ☜

·
Commercial Member
830 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll check all if these out- I really appreciate everyone taking the time to chime in. I'm completely new to the Jeep world, and being able to get the top off is just the start of things...

Does anyone have any suggestions on other small projects, for less mechanically inclined folks like me to begin to personalize my Jeep. IM's like to install side bars, and look in to something to beef things up on the front end too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
New to the Jeep world myself. I went with the Lange Hoist-a-top. I picked it up locally for $229 for the manual winch, then went to Harbor Freight and picked up an electric winch for $65. (On sale and 20% off coupon). I needed to mount the winch itself high up on the wall, so this setup was the best option for me. The quality of the Lange could be better, in my opinion, but so far it has worked beautifully. Pic below. Enjoy the ride.

One other note; I was having trouble with it rotating, so I went back to Harbor Freight and bought a swivel for $5. This solved my problem.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts