Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New ORV park coming to Oakland County. I haven't been able to figure out where exactly this is yet, I think it is the area near Mt. Holly. Should be a welcome addition to ORVing here in S.E. Michigan. They have had a test event I wish I knew about.

Link above is recent, Older video below:

Anybody have any other info?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I wheeled at the park a few years back for their trial. It was fun. Pretty small but that was expected being new. 1 very challenging trail. I'm looking forward to it opening finally.

·
Registered
879 Posts
It's sure going to be nice to have a place closer to wheel than Rocks&Valleys or Bundy Hill. Sure took them long enough to decide to approve it.

Reactions: TagBannedAgain

·
Registered
879 Posts
Detroit4Fest is scheduled for 9-14-2019. $50 for an all day pass, proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald house. There will be vendors onsite & the opportunity to test drive the Roxor ORV. Check out the link for more info.
It's on my calendar. Thanks for the notice!

Reactions: TagBannedAgain

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like Jeep has added Holly Oaks to the Badge of Honor program. I wonder if there will be a designated route to earn it or just being out there? I have no experience with the program.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
General ORV question for you guys. Heading up to Michigan this weekend, and last minute too...... Gonna be near Silver Lake

How quickly/easily can one obtain an ORV permit. I’m coming from Ohio if that matters.

Mail says 1-2 weeks, which I obviously don’t have

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
General ORV question for you guys. Heading up to Michigan this weekend, and last minute too...... Gonna be near Silver Lake

How quickly/easily can one obtain an ORV permit. I’m coming from Ohio if that matters.

I think you can buy them over the counter @ Parksidestore next to the state park campground.

·
Registered
670 Posts

a lot of the parks will be out of the stickers by now. Just head to a Walmart, ace Hardware, or Meijer nearby the location and you will have better luck getting an orv sticker there.

Reactions: Beatrice

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks!

They provide the required safety flags correct?
Safety flags are at the nearby stores (within a few miles I did some research as I wanted to go this weekend). I hear they make you have it mounted on the front bumper and at least 10 feet off the ground...So probably needs to be a 8 ft flag or so...and it has to be rectangular orange. I am guessing they will beat you up for one at about $40 or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts