Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
wmwhitey said:
JK Wrangler 2.5-3.5" Game Changing Long Travel Mid-Arm Suspension System

I have been looking for and wanting a long arm lift does any1 have this one and if so how is it?
I've been eyeing this lift myself, but it is not a long arm. The shocks they have designed do most of the work, but in conjunction with the arms and other components creates the whole package. I have about another year before I lift my jeep so we will see what happens, this lift is high on my list.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Meh. I would sport a Synergy, Rock Krawler or Teraflex long arm before this one and not come close to $4K. $4k for a mid arm lift is ridiculous and IMO Metal Cloak hasn't changed any game.

-Dan

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
IMO, i'd wait to see what happens in a year with their joints.

I think that's where the hesitation comes in with this company. I know one guy from my local staging area that runs their game changer suspension and hopefully I will get to wheel with him this coming weekend.

Will report back.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
pluke the 2 said:
IMO, i'd wait to see what happens in a year with their joints.

I think that's where the hesitation comes in with this company. I know one guy in my local staging area that runs their game changer suspension and hopefully I will get to wheel with him this coming weekend.

Will report back.
X2 how do they compare to a JJ?

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
why would you want to use their arms with no lift would be my concern.

with any aftermarket arms, they are longer than stock arms with no adjust ability on the threads showing. so they will impact your oem driving characteristics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Adjustable control arms are adjustable, right. Once you adjust them were they are needed you lock them down with a jam not, and your done. Why can't this be accomplished with a stock suspension, And if they get rid of binding I guess they would affect the stock ride(in a good way)? Some times its nice to start with one thing at a time. I'm a firm believer in keeping it super low with as big of tires as you can run. I'm new to control arms, I've owned and wheeled a 79 bronco for years,with radius front control arms, but those are a little different then the four link. So tell me where I'm going wrong.

·
Registered
98 Posts
pluke the 2 said:
why would you want to use their arms with no lift would be my concern.

with any aftermarket arms, they are longer than stock arms with no adjust ability on the threads showing. so they will impact your oem driving characteristics.
I read this again. It sounds like you are saying that the arms are longer, And won't fit. That was what I was asking, If they would fit with no lift.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you look at the retail price of the RK X factor 3.5 lift it's like 2 grand. add the remote res shocks at 335 a piece and you are up close to 3400 bucks. MC kit comes with bump stops with the rk kit it doesn't have bump stops, so it really maybe a couple hundred bucks different.

And you can go ahead and say "well, I can just run different shocks with the rk kit", which you can, but Bilsteins and Teraflex shocks are not in the same league as the others.

And to clarify, I have teraflex shocks and like them. But they are no match for the MC or RRD remote res or for that matter Fox or King.

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
I read this again. It sounds like you are saying that the arms are longer, And won't fit. That was what I was asking, If they would fit with no lift.
the arms are longer and they won't just bolt right up. you will need to move the axles either back and forward or up and down to get them to line up with the OEM bolts/holes.

here is stock arms with a 3.5" lift

you really care about binds in the stock arms versus the cost to swap them out for aftermarket arms? if you have a stock suspension the last thing you should plainly swap out is stock control arms.

this is with stock control arms, they do their job.

·
Registered
98 Posts
pluke the 2 said:
the arms are longer and they won't just bolt right up. you will need to move the axles either back and forward or up and down to get them to line up with the OEM bolts/holes.

here is stock arms with a 3.5" lift

you really care about binds in the stock arms versus the cost to swap them out for aftermarket arms? if you have a stock suspension the last thing you should plainly swap out is stock control arms.

this is with stock control arms, they do their job.
Your back wheel is off the ground, maybe with the control arms it wouldn't be. Lol. No, I know your right, but the stock arms do bind and hinder some performance. Our jks are not the older tj, and I understand the stock arms are longer and stronger, but I think they can still be improved.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts