Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine at work brought his Jeep in today so I could get a first hand look at the 2.5" lift and 35" tires he put on over the holidays, which is the exact same setup I'm about to pull the trigger on (we both have JKUL's).

I walked out and stood next to it, and, ... Holy Crap!! That thing is HUGE!!

I've been agonizing over 33's v 35's ever since I bought my Jeep a couple of months ago, and really thought I had made the decision... but.. after seeing the setup, I'm really thinking I'm going to go with maybe a good 2" lift and 33's. I want people to be able to get in and out of the vehichle, and it's also my daily driver, so I wasn't being thrilled with the gas mileage hit to begin with (which my friend confirmed was real).

I think I'll go to the tire shop and have them roll a 33" up next to the Jeep so I can get an idea of how it will look.

Man, what an eye opener!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried to take some pics of them next to each other in the parking lot, but it's too crowded to really get an angle that shows the comparison... and I have to say, looking at the pics of Jeeps with that setup, they looked Perfect, everything is proportional... it's only until you stand next to it and realize that the floor is mid thigh that you start to wonder how the people that don't have the steering wheel to grab will get in and out!

Dammit. Now I gotta rethink my whole stragegy.

·
Oilfield Jeeper
3,294 Posts
Personally, for mine, I would go with the 33's unless I had over 6" of lift. I have 35's on mine now & am honestly about to take those off, then put 33's on it instead.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Personally, for mine, I would go with the 33's unless I had over 6" of lift. I have 35's on mine now & am honestly about to take those off, then put 33's on it instead.
JKs and YJs are completely different beasts...6" is A LOT on a JK. IF you were to run that much lift correctly, you would probably be looking in the range of 37"-40" tires...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts