Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished making the center section of my cargo net from paracord today and i thought I'd share. I think it looks pretty good and you can't beat the price of $20.00 !!! HAHA

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've been wanting to make one with paracord for a while, but have it look more like the safari straps. This one is very good looking, good job!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun to do and pretty relaxing once I figured out what I was doing. It's was nice to hang out in the sun and just do some zen-like manual labour.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much cord did that take. I really like the looks and the DIY idea.
This is only the top section, I still have to do the sides; but it was almost two spools of paracord. I tried measuring it all out and making it prior to installing it, but I kept screwing up and getting the math wrong. So I basically tied the base cord on the top and measured out the length of paracord I'd need by following the roll cage. I then quadrupled that length to take into account all the knots/weaving. I then just started making the cargo net right on the Jeep. The measurements worked out perfectly for me the first time by doing it this way.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts