Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have followed the manual for setting up garage door openers and it’s not working as instructed. I want to shed myself of garage remotes and looking for advice.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Try googling how to do it. I've found that following remote manuals doesn't always work, but when you google it you get many different techniques with the same equipment. It's bizarre. There are probably tons of youtube videos on it.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is your opener "Rolling code"????
If so, you need to program the car and then hit the learn button on the opener and then push your car button to link.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yeah I followed the instructions in the manual and mine worked first time. Held the remote up to the Jeep's buttons and programmed those, then went in the garage and hit the "learn" button on the opener unit, then went back to the Jeep and set the button to mate up with the opener. Worked great.

Be patient and try it again. Hold both outside buttons down on your Jeep first...I think that clears the memory and resets it to stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We finally figured it out by calling Homelink. Turns out with out Overhead Door garage door openers there is a remote software version listed on a tag under the visor clip. One of the two remotes (both came with the opener) had an older version number which is not compatible with Homelink.

Just when you think you can follow directions.... all is finally fine.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have followed the manual for setting up garage door openers and it’s not working as instructed. I want to shed myself of garage remotes and looking for advice.
I can get my gate opener to program but not the garage. Its driving me insane! My last daily was a 2016 Ram is no problem. They use the same system. Openers are probably close to 20 years old

:pullinghair:

·
Registered
12 Posts
We finally figured it out by calling Homelink. Turns out with out Overhead Door garage door openers there is a remote software version listed on a tag under the visor clip. One of the two remotes (both came with the opener) had an older version number which is not compatible with Homelink.

Just when you think you can follow directions.... all is finally fine.

Thanks all!

Thanks for posting this. After several months I FINALLY got Homelink to work thanks to your post. I had to order the Overhead 0M3T remote and it works like a champ. I also had the same problem in my Tacoma so it is an issue with the Homelink.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts