Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's probably already a thread out here on this but I can't find it in my phone cause my Internet at work is heavily monitored. But I'm trying to make a windjammer out of a flag that I have. If anybody could help me out with a quick and easy write up it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I know I've seen it done here before. try searching "flag". BTW, IIRC it caused a poop-storm of controversy because several folks here got their panties in a wad over someone having the audacity to use a flag in such a way. The moderators got involved and handed out some time-outs to folks who just wouldn't let the subject drop. Personally, I'm proud of the US flag and see no problem whatsoever with using it as a windjammer.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not an issue if it is NOT modified and NOT defiled.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not an issue if it is NOT modified and NOT defiled.
I hear ya brother. Some folks are hypervigilant about flag protocol some less so. Doesn't mean those less so are pinko commie [email protected]@rds. Personally, I feel if the intent of the person is to display their love of our country then its OK. If its to degrade our country then its not ok. But my opinion is moot. The constitution says what you do with the US flag is protected under free speech. And those who died for and served/are serving our country did/do so to preserve that right.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:popcorn:And here we go......:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'm interested..

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
I realize it costs more (looks like you can get them for about $60)...but why not buy a premade flag windjammer? It was made specifically for the application. The other advantage to it is that is is kind of a "mesh" so you can still kind of see through it when its installed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'll probably just go the grommet route. I was just wondering if someone had found a different way to do it. As for the flag I'm using a "KCCO" flag from The Chive, so I won't have to worry about people hating me. Thanks a bunch. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get it all finished!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I really want one of these in the state of Florida flag or the "Don't Tread On Me" flag. Does anybody know if you can get one of those in the mesh stuff or get one printed. Don't really want to piss anybody off that would get upset over using a legit flag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts