Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Custom JEEP Decals
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

LOL!!!

Here is my front... ( pasted from a link above...:D )

.120 wall 2x6 metal
a little cut, grind and weld...

1" solid steel tow points with 7/8" eyelets

And finished off with Plasti-Dip!

And with my Engo E12000 installed with a Smittybilt raised winch plate and Hella 500FF's

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Looks nice Todd. Now that you've gotten it down pat...:D

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Looks nice Todd. Now that you've gotten it down pat...:D
LOL!! Thanks Lindel... I know your implications.... Now don't go there... you know I've been down that road before!! :whistling::thumb::rofl:

Don't be stirrin' the pot.... LMAO!

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Wouldn't do that to you for real, just poking at you is all. Bumpers are the least of my concerns at the moment, gotta get the other stuff right first. The parts I ordered earlier this week is a start.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I know, bud... just pokin ya!
(now back to this thread...LOL)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
TnDz TJ where do you get your steel?
It's all scrap.... recycle yards mostly... It's a lot cheaper to buy it by the lb than a full 20' stick

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Not a salvage yard.... a recycling yard... for metals... copper, steel and aluminum. There are many recycle yards that resell scrap steel by the pound... mostly remnants of full sticks that get tossed or recycled because big companies don't want it laying around.

You should have local recycling yards in your area... but its up to the owners if they sell their scrap to the public for reuse. Some do... some don't.

You can also look up scrap metal yards.... they often do the same thing. Some of the steel businesses in my area also sell by the foot ( can be expensive ) but competition is plenty and pricing wars will dictate where you get your steel. Hunt for the bargain! A little surface rust can save you $100!

Here is one of our places...

http://aitrk.wmrecycling.com/index.aspx

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
TJe0454 said:
Good to know. I'll have to check by me for some. How much did the steel cost for both bumpers?
I have about $100 in both bumpers total

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
1/4 inch steel?
Front is made of .120 wall ( kept it light for winch ) but VERY strong. back is .250 wall and made from 3x4. I went this route in the back strength of my swing-away... which is still in my garage collecting dust waiting to be finished.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts