Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together some stuff for trail gear. I've got the recovery strap, I'm working on the winch, etc. I was thinking for a tree strap - I've got som 1 3/4" polypropylene line that I got from work. If I splice eyes on each end do y'all think it would do? We use four of these lines to secure a 209 ton ferry so I think it will work, but I'm concerned that the rope will bite into the tree. What are the thoughts out there?

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
TRJK said:
I'm putting together some stuff for trail gear. I've got the recovery strap, I'm working on the winch, etc. I was thinking for a tree strap - I've got som 1 3/4" polypropylene line that I got from work. If I splice eyes on each end do y'all think it would do? We use four of these lines to secure a 209 ton ferry so I think it will work, but I'm concerned that the rope will bite into the tree. What are the thoughts out there?
Is the rope static or dynamic?

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah the point of a tree strap is to be wide

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
By "used to be dynamic" do you mean it's lost all its stretch? If so it could be usable, but like NC TJ says tree savers need to be wide to distribute the load to preserve the tree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts