Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Not gonna get too many good comments on that applique...Looks too much like something that belongs on a Hummer. That item has been discussed here more than once, but to each their own I guess.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Kill it with fire!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Stick-on junk like that looks awful. There's a Ram I walk past most days with a hood scoop that looks just as ridiculous...I had to make a conscious effort not to laugh the first time I saw it.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yeah.....get a blackout hood decal instead.

·
Registered
374 Posts
To each their own ....

I wish there was better pic's , the two pictures are to up close to get a good look at it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
To each their own ....

I wish there was better pic's , the two pictures are to up close to get a good look at it.
Poser mods are one thing, but in general stuff like this doesn't even look like it does anything. One glance at that thing and it's clear that it just sits on the hood. I'm not big on hood vents anyway, but to me there's a world of difference between something that took work to install vs something that sticks on with tape. It's the Jeep version of a Type-R badge.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow !!!! Really?...

Putting stuff like that on a Jeep is like putting lipstick on a crackwhore, just makes it look cheap and it aint gonna stay on!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
If it sounds French it doesn't belong on a Jeep!! :) :jawdrop:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ugly hideous. Looks like you should have bought a hummer. In all seriousness could take our hood fluter while my choice for hood fluter is after market latches or even hole new hood before I would put that on a jeep.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I thought we were going to be talking about something like the XT Graphics Hood Decal, but that is something different all together.

OP, to each there own, if you like go for it! If you want something to change up the look of the hood without cutting in functional louvers, check out the link I posted. If you're interested I can get you a deal on one! Anyone else can PM me for a quote as well.

-Ryan

·
Registered
203 Posts
I saw one of those Hood applique on Wrangler the other day...it looks like crap

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It came in today, and I didn't like it in person. Not going to put it on.

That said, it amazes me how many posers are in the Jeep community who are just striving to fit in and think A jeep can only have X, Y, or Z. If I or somebody else wants something, it's not your Jeep. Grow up

·
Registered
304 Posts
Then don't ask what we think.

Everyone said it would look like crap....you ordered one anyway, and now you agree it looks like crap

:rofl2:

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Then don't ask what we think. Everyone said it would look like crap....you ordered one anyway, and now you agree it looks like crap :rofl2:

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

To the OP...don't ask for opinions and then get butthurt about them. You HAD to see the flame-fest coming with that initial post. You HAD to.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Then don't ask what we think.

Everyone said it would look like crap....you ordered one anyway, and now you agree it looks like crap

:rofl2:
There's a difference between asking for an opinion and just being a jerkoff with an attitude. Not everybody in this thread was a jerk, but some of the responses were baffling. This isn't the lone thread where stuff like this goes on, and great job showing your maturity with your E-laughing. How old are you?

You HAD to see the flame-fest coming with that initial post. You HAD to.
No, I didn't. I looked up hood applique on this forum, and there wasn't much chatter at all about them besides being in a thread about what NOT to put on A jeep. That was the only real result. Certainly nothing on this specific hood applique

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
And not once when you saw that thing you didn't think it look like something on a hummer , hey if you like and you want your jeep to look like a hummer then go for it

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And not once when you saw that thing you didn't think it look like something on a hummer
That's part of the attitude that makes certain Jeepers hated. I personally am not a Hummer fan at all, but if somebody wants there's to be a Hummer puppet then so be it. There's no defining laws on what do with a Jeep, you do what you want.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts