Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im interested in buying a flat black hood decal for the raised part of my hood on my '06 LJ. I did some looking around on the internet and all i could come up with was one for a the JK. Does anyone know where i can find one for my jeep. Or does the JK decal fit the same on a TJ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That looks simple..i say go to your local decal shop with that pic. Pick your color..and they can do a stencil of your hood and apply it and all...

·
Registered
413 Posts
After I get my Jeep painted this summer I'm putting that exact one on my hood.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I want to do the same thing... but have it match the body color... so that it just looks like that section of the hood is matte versus the factory gloss.

·
4 Little Squirrels
717 Posts
I want one too! :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I think i might email the guy the makes the jk and asked if he can make one for a tj or something. Ill let you know what i find out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there? Im not too active on here. Anyone know who it is or point me in the right direction. Id like to get some vinyl decals.

·
Registered
88 Posts
His name is TOW69 I think. I sent him a pm last week and haven't heard back yet.

Good luck

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I want to do the same thing... but have it match the body color... so that it just looks like that section of the hood is matte versus the factory gloss.
Flat clear vinyl would be much easier than matching your paint color...... JMO :)

And yeah, Tow69 makes decals.

I can see no reason the JK decal wouldn't fit the TJ. Just measure the area you want to put it on. I can almost guarantee that pixeldecals will mention the size of the decal you're looking at on their site. You should be able to determine if it will fit.....

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can always lay down a piece of cardboard, trace the lines you want and tweak it with scissors. Take to a vinyl graphics shop and let them clean up the lines in Illustrator or Cotel Draw. After a test fit, I designed the race stripes on my Vette and had the vinyl cut and installed. Unless the original manufacturer has done extensive test fits, a do-it-yourself may be the next best thing and you know its your own creative idea. But if someone else has mastered it, why go through the hassle? Have fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I jus thought that I would give an update. I never found anywhere that sold the hold decal or anything. So I decide to do it myself. I bought a 3' x 5' peice of matte black vinyl of eBay for like 55 bucks. Difinetely only need a 3' x 3' peice. I have double would i needed.

I just laid out some tracing paper on te hood and then took some chalk and did a rub of what I want. Folded it in half then trimmed it with scissors so it would be symmetrical. Then I just uses my stencil I made and could out the piece of vinyl.

Installation was not hard. Just used lots of soapy water and a credit card and smoothed out the bubbles. Seems to have worked really well. From start to finish it took my around and hour. So not to bad.

Here are some pics of before and after. Let me know what ya guys think.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts