Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Jeepers,

Does anyone have any home solutions for a depression in the hood from someone sitting on it? It isn't very deep but it also isn't ideal. Are the industrial suction cups the best for getting these out?

I was pretty surprised by how much weaker the JK hood is than the TJ!

·
Registered
235 Posts
You're going to laugh, but I've successfully used a toilet plunger.

If the dent is small enough, it can work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I didn't have a dent like that but I had a sharp deep ding that was right on top of one of the supports so I could not access the back of it. I brought it to my body shop and he had his dent less guy come take of it. best $75 I ever spent. cant even tell it ever happened

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I would use the head of whoever sat on your jeep to pound out the dent.

·
Registered
178 Posts
paintless dent removers can make it look like new.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I didn't have a dent like that but I had a sharp deep ding that was right on top of one of the supports so I could not access the back of it. I brought it to my body shop and he had his dent less guy come take of it. best $75 I ever spent. cant even tell it ever happened
Yeah, I doubt it will work on a creased dent. It's more for the shallow "bowl" type dents. The crease actually strengthens the metal, and makes the dent harder to pull out.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
So you were able to sit on a TJ without denting it?
My old TJ had a nice creased dent in the hood from my big ass sitting on it, I'm glad I haven't tried that on the JK.

·
Registered
203 Posts
paintless dent removers can make it look like new.
I second this - had some experience with this type of service and everything came out perfect-looking even though I was told it might not be possible (I believe these guys always say that to cover their butts and to their credit they can remove most dings and dents quite well).

A local dealership hooked me up with the guy they pay to visit their lots removing the dings/dents from used trade-ins.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Usually by the dent or panel. Minimum probably $50-$75 for one or two dents in one panel and up from there. I have seen entire hail jobs on a car for under a $1000. Hood, roof, trunk, tops of fenders and pillars included.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Usually by the dent or panel. Minimum probably $50-$75 for one or two dents in one panel and up from there. I have seen entire hail jobs on a car for under a $1000. Hood, roof, trunk, tops of fenders and pillars included.
Sweet, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Jeepers,

Does anyone have any home solutions for a depression in the hood from someone sitting on it? It isn't very deep but it also isn't ideal. Are the industrial suction cups the best for getting these out?

I was pretty surprised by how much weaker the JK hood is than the TJ!
I would use a ball bat, the person that sat on the hood would never be able to do it again.

I noticed the metal is a lot thinner than my TJ, YJ, CJ, etc. I have a mirror dimple on the drivers side cowl. If you take the strap off the drivers door do not let go of the door. That metal is really soft.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts