Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone..

Want to add this to my '05 Rubicon.. anyone know what type/brand mount this is? Since I'm pretty much a newbie.. do I have to buy the lightbar separately??
Or what do YOU recommend??

Thanks guys!! (girls)
T

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I don't recommend putting the hilift on the hood. Getting it on/off you are very likely to scratch/dent your hood. Also, with it mounted that way you cannot fold your hood all the way back.

·
Commercial Member
3,962 Posts
Sevenservices, a member on this forum makes and sells the hood mounts. Search him up. Mine has been on the hood for 5 years now, but as always, the haters are gonna hate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
..appreciate the input...
Have to admit.. I want this more for looks than anything... I'm a wimp, and would probably bust my windshield taking it on and off...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mount

KC makes a hood mount as opposed to a vent mount that allows for 3 lights as well. I have a total of 7 inches of lift and getting it off isn't bad. I have the hood lift system that allows the hood to stay up as well as assist in rising that takes the hood issue out of it. I only have a 48" though and probably will need a 60". Not sure that I will mount this there. I will have to see how far it sticks out each side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts