Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to make a comment on the Redline Tuning, Hood QuickLIFT PLUS that I installed on my JL.
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

Can tell you that the offering is terrific. Quality stuff.... this offering is not Chinese crapola.

Well made and install can be done easily by most anyone in say 10 minutes. No drilling at all.

Important: If you buy and install, DO make sure the bigger end of the strut is attached to the hood. This enables the strut to self lubricate as designed.

I bought mine here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPPXYGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
But...but.... How will I burn my hands in Hot weather and have my hood come down on my head if I get this? :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bit more on the Hood Lift offering...

Redline Tuning offers to variations for the JL.

They have the offering that I purchased that has black struts or a somewhat more expensive offering with Stainless Steel struts. The Stainless Steel "Elite" offering has a 5 yr. warranty versus the 4 yr. warranty that comes with the painted struts.

I spoke with one of the 2 owner's of Redline Tuning and he said the struts are internally the same and the only difference between the two offerings, is that one has Stainless Steel struts and other painted struts.

I went with the black as I did not want the struts to be to apparent lets say. I also removed (easy) the Redline Tuning decals on the struts. I do not like logos on my add ons.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Nice Mod. Make sure to add it to "What have you done to your JL lately" (If you want to) :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone wanting these.... Redline Tuning has a Black Friday deal on them...

Nov. 28 Dec. 2 20% off using code BF2019

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am guessing Bill works for Redline!

You guessed wrong. I do not work for Redline Tuning. I am just a very satisfied installer of the Redline Tuning offering.

Before purchasing the offering I looked closely at other hood lift offerings for the JL. I learned quickly, the Redline Tunung offering is way way better then others.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do shop around ... do your homework, before purchasing a hood lift kit for the JL. I can almost guarantee you, if you do this, you will go with Redline Tuning.

Be sure to also order the Redline Tuning Quick releases when you order their hood lift offering. Makes their offering even shine more. :cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agile Titan has a version too. BF sale has started and use AT25% for 25% off plus free shipping.
Look at how the Agile Titan struts are installed, then look at how the Redline Hood Lift struts are installed. Also, Redline has better quality struts/hardware.

Do this and you will be ordering the Redline offering.

The Agile Titan offering is laughable in comparison to the Redline Tuning offering. They are priced similarly.

Redline Tuning really nailed it in regard to how their offering installs. Don't take my word for it though.... compare the Redline to other offerings to include the cheapo Chinese knockoffs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts