Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the fact that my Jeep barely fits in the garage, I'm considering mounting a light bar to the hood. Do hood mount light bars do as good as higher mounted light bars? Do hood mount light bars create a lot of glare off the hood?

·
Registered
678 Posts
They will definitely create more hood glare, but it's a better spot in terms of wind resistance/noise

·
Registered
532 Posts
IMHO the problem with hood mounted light bars is that your hood actually blocks part of the light pattern...seems a waste of the investment.

I mounted a 10" light bar on my winch fairlead bracket. It's out of the way and still provides a good amount of light. There are a lot of options for mounting them forward of the grill or even inside/behind the grill. You might check them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I was looking to take the 50" off and go with hood or fairlead mounts at one time . But I know of 3 jeeps here with either a hood mount, foglight area or fairlead/bull bar mount that have busted lights from rocks. 2 are RI and the 3rd is Chinese made. And no, rock chips/cracks are not coverec by RI warranty; "Customer damages are not covered under warranty, such as collisions rocks or debris strikes."

So I stayed with the 50", but there came a time I was able to swap a double row with a new (at the time) single row from Lifetime LEDs. It is barely an 1/8" above the roof line if even that. There are quite a few single rows out there to choose from.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts