Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of covers or something like it to "hide" the bolts that stick up when you take your hood mounted hi lift off? my jk is a semi daily driver and im not sure i wanna take the jack with me everywhere. not worried about theft just wanna leave it at home till i hit a trail and save some weight.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
A high lift to change a flat is a dangerous and silly option.
Only if you're retarded.

It may not be a great option due to time to set up and use but it also isn't a stock jack and piece of wood sitting in your Jeep constantly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'll take my chances with the stock jack and a 4x4 changing a flat over using a high lift anytime.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have the hilift mount and just leave the knobs on. I don't leave the jack on the mount. Not necessarily good to leave it sitting in the sun and rain to get rusty. If you do leave it on make sure you have a can of spray lube with you if you actually have to use it.

I only take the jack on wheeling trips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the hilift mount and just leave the knobs on. I don't leave the jack on the mount. Not necessarily good to leave it sitting in the sun and rain to get rusty. If you do leave it on make sure you have a can of spray lube with you if you actually have to use it.

I only take the jack on wheeling trips.
thats exactly the plan. im just saying thos bolts look nasty sitting there by themselves. i wondered if anyone made like a shark fin attachment. that would look cool!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts