Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best option:?

A. Bug Deflector

B. Hood Bra (just the small one for the front edge of the hood)

C. Body Armor

D. None Of The Above

Thanks again, Scooby

·
Administrator
12,604 Posts
Good coat of wax.

·
Registered
359 Posts
With the absence of a heat shield on the hood, alot of jeeps are prone to heat dmg on the paint on the hood. Or kitty hair spalling some call it round here. Im lookin at a bug deflector myself for the love bug season. They help alot on my truck and car. I never have seen a point to those bra things, as they cause more damage to the paint then good. Then a couple years down the road you take it off cuz its nasty lookin and now you got a two tone jeep lol. But the wax is a grand idear.

·
Registered
529 Posts
McGuire's car wax :)

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
RhinoLine or Hurculiner the underside of the hood and it should help prevent the heat damage... and do the same to the grill :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
The bug deflector will cause rust where the holes are drilled. The bra will cause moisture build up where it touches the metal. (Will discolor or rust.) I'd go X4 on the wax.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The bug deflector will cause rust where the holes are drilled.
Just a side note on rust where holes are drilled. One way to prevent rust from forming on holes that you drill is to use clear fingernail polish. Clean the area right after you drill the hole, paint it with the polish. Works good on rock chips also.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Had a bra for years on the Suzuki and it did a great job of keeping the damage to a minimum. With that said here were the cons:

1. It did leave allot of dirt scratches and discoloration on the paint
2. It had to be cleaned well and mended frquently.

3. When it got dirty boy was it a bitc_ to clean
4. Still got it in the basement and there it sits

C.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
A little elbow grease, WAX on WAX off, will keep your paint looking much healthier, and better, in the long run. Spend your money on important mods. If you like to wheel, get your body armour............a much more useful mod.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Bra is fine if you wax underneath and take care of the paint. I have had vehicle bras in Alaska to Texas without any problems. I just bought my TJ with a bra on it and will continue to run with it. Just have to take care of your paint no matter what you cover it with.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
From my knowlege hood bras do leave rub marks.. and as posted above have to be cleaned regurarly otherwise dust cought in them will rub paint on continuous contact. Id get the bug shield.
When you drill the hood and put it together spray it with clear coat from underneeth or as stated above after drilling the holes go over the edges with nail polish..

·
Registered
16 Posts
A saw a tj with a bra over the weekend. Before I could say anything, my Wife chimed in saying she thought the jeep must be sad to be dressed up like a dog wearing a sweater.

Sorry Guys, Bras just don't belong on TJs - Looks just as gay as too much chrome. Kinda like a coca cola cowboy - may be pretty, but just isn't right.

Just my two cents - have fun...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts