Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, looking to do a functional and good looks redesign for my 97 wrangler hood.

I was trying to put a scoop over top of the air filter on the passenger side. and I figured to make it match symetrically...to put another on driver side.
I would need scoops small enough to fit and look good between the bump and the edge of the hood.

then I will put hood louvers in the middle raised portion of the hood.

having hard time finding any pics or someone else who did this.
has anyone done this or have any ideas?

something like attached pic...but I am trying to do the reverse.
vent in middle and scoops on either side

cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Not really related to this but I saw someone put a big hood scoop (Dodge Charger I believe) on the hood and made it line up with the edges of the raised portion of the hood. It looked really good. Might want to look for pictures of that design.

·
Registered
239 Posts
odd question for people. . . . . does it matter which way the scoop faces? lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
odd question for people. . . . . does it matter which way the scoop faces? lol
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to ram air in, such as over your air intake, face it forward. If you want to provide a cooling path, face it back, air will come in the front grill and out the scoop.

That being said, Jeep has a vent in the rear of the bay which provides an exit for cooling flow anyway.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Simcraft said:
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to ram air in, such as over your air intake, face it forward. If you want to provide a cooling path, face it back, air will come in the front grill and out the scoop.

That being said, Jeep has a vent in the rear of the bay which provides an exit for cooling flow anyway.
True. But for my HVAC scoop facing forward the windshield is what I did

·
Knows a couple things...
49,618 Posts
The HVAC scoop is actually designed to face towards the windshield. Due to how the air comes off the windshield and generates air pressure there, the HVAC scoop will pick up more air and create more air flow through the HVAC system when facing the windshield than it does facing forward. I know that seems counter-intuitive but...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts