Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 JK Sahara 2 door V6 hardtop in Billet Silver Metallic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here and didn’t see a forum or thread on this ask so go easy on me please! :) Just curious to know if anyone tried to install a vent on their hood directly above their cold air intake? If so did you gain any MPG’s to compensate for larger wheels coming soon? Hahaha I did gain 1MPG with an S&B CAI leaving the top cover off to compensate for the rising gas prices @$3 per!!! I know it’s a Wrangler but any info on this subject matter is much appreciated thx! 🤙🏼

·
Retired Moderator
102,599 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Reactions: JeepBoni

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you want better mpg ........ stay off the gas. Stay low in rpm and it gets you the best mpg. Drive like a cop is following you wanting to pull you over and your mpg will be outstanding.

Most things to improve mpg are BS.

For larger wheels you want to plan on correcting gears eventually. Till you do you just accept it as the cost of running larger wheels.

Reactions: Victor Ward

·
Super Moderator
13,380 Posts
Mileage and Jeep are mutually exclusive terms unless you use the adjective "poor" in front of mileage. QuestionableAction responds with a three paragraph statement. They're all true.
Welcome to the joy of owning a Wrangler. Just Empty Every Pocket.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: QuestionableAction

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want better mpg ........ stay off the gas. Stay low in rpm and it gets you the best mpg. Drive like a cop is following you wanting to pull you over and your mpg will be outstanding.

Most things to improve mpg are BS.

For larger wheels you want to plan on correcting gears eventually. Till you do you just accept it as the cost of running larger wheels.
Sounds like I need to retrain my foot to be lighter coming from a GMC Terrain hahaha thanks for the input 🤙🏼

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mileage and Jeep are mutually exclusive terms unless you use the adjective "poor" in front of mileage. QuestionableAction responds with a three paragraph statement. They're all true.

Good Luck, L.M.
I see there are too many options/toys for it as well! Always wanted one but was wondering if anyone else was cr

Good Luck, L.M.
I see there are too many options/toys for it as well! Always wanted one but was wondering if anyone else was crazy enough to put a vent right above their COI to see what they got? There has to be one Jeeper out there in the US or Canada that did eh?!? Haha

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,186 Posts
It wont make any difference in reality The air is moving over the surface faster than the air can be taken in, unless it has a RAM type intake on the hood. Then the dork factor outweighs in mpg you may gain.

Reactions: JeepBoni
1 - 8 of 8 Posts