Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have owned my JKUS for a little over two weeks now and, surprisingly, the wife has fallen in love as well! She is now talking about getting a new JK for herself! :punk:

·
Registered
391 Posts
"Hooked the wife"

What rod and reel did you use?

What kind of bait?

Why was she so far out at sea?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Obviously Tom H and Sand Scorpion are on COMPLETELY opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to fish hooking.

But both are correct in their interpretations. Brilliant.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My wife was the one that wanted the Jeep. Now I'm the one that is having fun modding her Jeep and then asking her - well you like better now it, right?

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
It took my wife one trip to Ouray, Co to get her hooked.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And I usually read what I write before I post it! :banghead:

Glad to see that there are so many minds out in the gutter!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Gutter? Some of aspire to reach that high level of honor and respect, as some of us are deep down in the sewer...

We attended the LA auto-show one yr and saw this mod'ed tricked out red two door. Neither of us would shut up about it on the 2 hr drive home. After being stalked by jeeps for almost a yr we went out and found our little red JKR. Almost 3 yrs later we are built into the beast we witnessed at the show.

Everytime we go into the garage, we just smile. Many happy journeys and experience lay ahead of you both. Somehow this vehicle just brings out the kid in you.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hawaii

We were in Hawaii on vacation, and luckily, they didn't have the vehicle we wanted. They upgraded us to a JKU. We had so much fun in that vehicle. A week after going home, my wife woke me up to say, "We're going to a Jeep Dealership this morning to buy a Jeep". We did and on the way home, she said we had to lift it, put bigger tires on it, and replace the sterio system. We did. Boy was I lucky.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DaK - so very true about some people aspiring for the gutter! And I agree, the Jeep makes me feel like a kid! It's just so much fun to drive around and there is so much that you can do to it that I feel my bank account will dwindle to nothing...

AhSumToy - lucky man! Most of my mods so far are small, but I hope to invest in a 2.5 - 3" lift with some beefier 35"s. Eventually...

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Get her out on the trail and over some easy obstacles, tell her how good she did and I guarantee she'll really be hooked. Since then I hardly get any crap when new parts show up at the house. :D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Get her out on the trail and over some easy obstacles, tell her how good she did and I guarantee she'll really be hooked. Since then I hardly get any crap when new parts show up at the house. :D
Mine has been known to look at a catalog or someone else's jeep and go, "we need that". Oh baby....:dance:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Obviously Tom H and Sand Scorpion are on COMPLETELY opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to fish hooking.

When I was young the word "hook" and "hooking up" were not used for ... ummm ... doing the obvious. I just thought it was funny that Fryeaire used those words, which made me think of fishing.

And with two daughters (one age 20, one 13) the term does make me grimace at times.

But, admittedly, I did not lead an exemplary life (ahem) until I got married so I suppose I should just get with the times.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Had Fryeaire named the thread "Snagged the wife" how would we gents have interpreted it?

And, I meant "snagged" not "shagged."

·
Registered
391 Posts
Boy was I lucky.
There are other threads on this forum where the fellows muse about "getting lucky" in their rigs.

Yeah, I know that most of them are probably lies.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts