Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The 3,000 miles one sounds a bit fishy but you never know! My 2002 had under 30,000 when I got it last year.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 3,000 miles one sounds a bit fishy but you never know! My 2002 had under 30,000 when I got it last year.
I would think its feasible. Houston is very metro, and if the original owner bought it as a toy and kept it in a garage and used the Volvo to commute, its possible...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
ok 3000 miles. that sounds fake. even only 350 miles per year it would be more. and if it is real I'd be worried about how long its just sat. is the gas in it any good now? are the seals or bearings dried up? I'd be weary of it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
ok 3000 miles. that sounds fake. I'd be weary of it.
Possibly, there could be an explanation. Last year, I bought this '04 TJ with 5,800 miles on it. It spent its life fastened to the rear of a huge motor home.

Granted, the tires were worn but the rest of the Jeep was [like] new.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
tallzdatank said:
ok 3000 miles. that sounds fake. even only 350 miles per year it would be more. and if it is real I'd be worried about how long its just sat. is the gas in it any good now? are the seals or bearings dried up? I'd be weary of it.
it sounds like a rebuilt engine is what it sounds like. when i was looking i saw lots with low mileage and even lower prices and they were almost always rebuilt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts