Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Up for discussion at the May 5th Ouray County Board of Commissioners meeting. The meeting is open to the public for comment, this is an important one to not miss....

Full agenda here: [https://ouraycountyco.gov/DocumentCenter/Index/804](https://ouraycountyco.gov/DocumentCenter/Index/804)

"Revisit of request by Unified Command concerning the deferral of opening high alpine roads:

a. Road barricade options and signage:

Ouray County High Country Road Closure Plan
CR‐361: Lock existing gate at Senator Gulch. Mine and other private property owners could be given the combination for the lock.

CR‐18 (Engineer Pass): Install a gate (from USFS) and two Jersey Barriers across the road just above the intersection with US 550. Need signage “road closed ahead”.

CR‐8 (Owl Creek Pass) There is an existing gate that is locked/opened by USFS. We do not plow the pass, so we’d just need to get USFS to keep it locked.

CR‐20A and CR‐20C (Corkscrew and Brown Mtn.): Install a gate (from USFS) and two Jersey Barriers across the road at the highway that blocks both roads. Corkscrew also has a gate that can be locked once the snow melts out.

CR‐31 (Red Mtn. Pass): This road leaves US 550 and loops back to it. We would install a gate (from USFS) and two Jersey Barriers on the north end either before or after the “second home summer” residences up there. At the south end, we would install a gate (from USFS) and two Jersey Barriers either before or after the Red Mountain Alpine Lodge access road off CR‐31. Need signage “road closed ahead”. Issue with road that comes into CR‐31 from San Juan County."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Good news! Ouray had their meeting, road crews are getting to work. Here is the latest from Maxfield.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Deb and I will be there 8/23 for a week. One of these years I will get a chance to hook up with you all. We love to hang out at the Ouray Brewery after a day on the trail. You will have to let me know if they are serving. They have good food and good brew.
You all be safe and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
The San Juan County Commissioners met and voted to open Silverton and the sheriff that was holding everything up agreed to back off. Some of the passes are already open. Everyone's favorite black bear and imogene not yet. They haven't started on those 2 yet. Mandatory masks in town. Here is a road report from Michael on what is open and what they are working on as a time table.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts