Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
mine has 6 relays on mini fuses and one on a maxi fuse. with like 5 more maxi fuses for power from the xj fuse box. gets power from a fused 4gauge lead from the battery.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How much did you spend on all the supplies to build?
Me?

All the prices for the major components are listed in the first post. Those are the key components, so those prices will be the same for anyone doing this project.

Other things like wire, switches, tools, etc. will depend on how crazy you want to get. I spent more than I had to on wire so that I could use different colors for different things, and the OTRATTW switches aren't cheap... If you wanted to save a bit, you could get by a lot cheaper on that stuff than I did.

All told, I should get the whole project done for a little more than half the cost of a real sPOD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is where I'd like to mount my switches. I've seen a bunch of people with 2011+ JKs with switches here, but I've had my side panels off the dash and I'm not convinced that it will work in the 2007-2010 JKs.

Is this a custom bezel or can you buy this somewhere? This is clean!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the great write-up! I was hoping to get your input on the layout below.

View attachment 2035753

For switch/relay #2, I will be installing auxiliary LED backup lights. I want them to come-on automatically when I shift in to reverse but, I also want to be able to switch them on/off independently.

I'm not great with the electronics and would appreciate your input / suggestions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
View attachment 2057017
Thanks for the great write-up! I was hoping to get your input on the layout below.

View attachment 2035753

For switch/relay #2, I will be installing auxiliary LED backup lights. I want them to come-on automatically when I shift in to reverse but, I also want to be able to switch them on/off independently.

I'm not great with the electronics and would appreciate your input / suggestions.
I finally received the parts today. It turns out that the 5 prong relays can not be installed in the same orientation as described earlier. If relays with the 87A connection are used, they can only be inserted in the Bussmann box so that the writing is opposite (flipped) from the description in the post. Attached is a revised wiring layout.

I have tested this on the benchtop and it appears to work. Actual installation in the Jeep is going to have to wait a few weeks.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts