Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Horn has recently started to sound for 20 seconds each time the door is opened weather the door is locked or unlocked. Very annoying. Have removed fuses to eliminate nuisance but need solution to real problem.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Horn has recently started to sound for 20 seconds each time the door is opened weather the door is locked or unlocked. Very annoying. Have removed fuses to eliminate nuisance but need solution to real problem.
Do you have an aftermarket alarm/remote start?

If so you will have to re -sync the keys to the security system

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 2013 Sahara Unlimited, with 90k miles already. About 4 months ago this started happening. Dealer said it's a clockspring issue but won't do it under the airbag recall. Just pulled the 2 horn fuses instead, but state inspection coming due and horn must work for that. We don't have an aftermarket alarm, but do have aftermarket remote starter.

The first time it happened was when we pulled into the driveway. I opened the drivers door to get out and the horn went off. It's always exactly 30 seconds and doesn't seem to affect anything else. With the fuses pulled I can get in and start the car immediately.

Today I unplugged the door cables and put the fuses in, but as soon as I put the key in the horn goes off.

I have read elsewhere in this forum that an updated steering column working harness with isolated ground wire seems to help. Will mention that to my dealer. Need to get it fixed soon for inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts