Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As long as I have owned my yj, the horn hasn't worked. It was never a problem until today. I needed to alert a dumbass that his driving skill were below par. When I push on the middle of the steering wheel it just sorta wobbles. Maybe its stuck? My guess is this is were the problem is since it doesnt move in or out. The horn under the hood is in good shape and the wiring looks fine too. How do I pull that piece off the middle of the steering wheel? I pried on it a little w/ a screwdriver, but didnt want to bust it so I stopped. Please help in case there are more people out there that need a reminder that I had the lane first...thanks!!! :)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Hav eyou checked your fuses? You can meter the power at the horn, but you'll have to get someone to push the horn for you. You can also check power at the fuse box easily. An easy way to see if your horn works at all is to run power directly to it from the battery to see if it sounds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I have power and the fuse is good. Im sure its the switch. I was hope to pull it off clean it or replace it but was unsure how to yank it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts