Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is all a bit odd. I finally cleared enough space in my garage to put my '07 JKU inside. I've left it in the garage with the doors off and roof down, and the Jeep locked with the security alarm on. Every half hour or so, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes not for more than an hour, the horn will chirp (as if I'd locked the doors). After a couple of days the pattern changed and it would beep 3 times in quick succession when it beeped instead of just once. Then when I unlocked the Jeep it beeped 3 times, normally it doesn't beep at all.

Any ideas what might be going on?

I just disabled the horn chirp on lock, and now it seems that it's not beeping randomly anymore. Is it possible that it thinks it's moving and is trying to auto-lock the doors?

Ian

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
The Chirp on lock only works if the doors are locked with the remote, not the auto lock when it reaches 15 MPH or so. At least none of my Chrysler vehicles ever chirped on auto lock.

I got busted by the auto lock once in my Ram PU. I had taken Scouts to summer camp and a camp counselor was showing me the way to get the equipment trailer into the campsite. It was a long straight road for a while with a 10MPH speed limit (posted). All of a sudden the doors locked. Busted.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Electronics are a problem if hit by lightning

If your Jeep is hit by lightning , the horn will go off , the doors will lock , and the airbags will go off . The problem would be the automatic electronics , not the lightning , which is simply acting like normal lightning . So , I have crank roll down windows , so I can escape . Especially if I am driving underwater when the lightning hits . :bop:

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Ensure your battery cables are tight. If that doesn't fix the problem have the battery checked. Mine did this and the battery was slowly going bad.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ensure your battery cables are tight. If that doesn't fix the problem have the battery checked. Mine did this and the battery was slowly going bad.
Good suggestion, I had the battery checked and they said it was ok, not as strong as it was rated, but still way above the stock battery for a Jeep. I would like to replace both the positive and negative terminals. I assume I can just buy new terminals at any decent auto parts store.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts