Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, love my new Sahara except for one thing. The horn is nearly impossible to make work. Never had this problem before. Don't use it a lot but the couple of times I needed to it was so hard to press that I never got it to actually make a noise. It will sound if you press it squarely and hard but typically if you need to use it you don't want to be concentrating on proper technique. Is this a 2011 Wrangler thing or is my horn alone that has a problem?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need to press it on the top/side, near the horn icon and not directly in the center on the jeep icon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I found mine to have a slight delay from the time I press to the time it sounds. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a horn RIGHT when you want it! Train horn sounds like fun though!

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Should be pressing more to the side than directly center. For the 10 Rubi just got the PIAA 400 and 500 hz. horns to replace the stock anemic horn. I think the 500/600 sounded a bit to "European". The train horn I think is a little over the top but it does have a good sound.

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
Um...that was supposed to be "horn." dang cellphone keyboards.
i fixed it for ya :)

boys, do not turn this thread into another train horn debate. the op asked about the mos effective way to use the oem horn; keep on that topic.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm with Jimbo, the only time we use a horn in Texas is once a year for state inspection. Honk! yes it works, passed.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Heh Heh, I've got a "raging bull" horn and I only useit to greet some of the wild mustangs, in one section of the NorNv desert !!

I'm with Jimbo, the only time we use a horn in Texas is once a year for state inspection. Honk! yes it works, passed.
:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
4 Posts
effed up horn

i have these same issues with the damn horn! when i told the service dept about it they said you have to push around the edges, not the middle....like i havent tried that before! so i show them and they're like, oh ya its not as sensitive on the right side and top, has this gotten wet? i told them ,no, but c'mon jeeps were made for swimming (mine hasnt, yet!) so they will look at it tomorrow...in the meantime i guess you gotta think it thru...only press top or right side, and ignore the 2 second delay..oh wohoa! accidents already happened!...looky here! ugh! in connecticut we r packed in like sardines...i need my horn!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts