Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever just take a hose and just start dousing your backseats with it? If so do you let the sun dry it out or do you suck up all that extra water, because I'm about to power wash the mofo Out of my seats

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I wouldn't. They are not waterproof. I spot clean when needed.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Seems to me that power washing would just drive water and dirt into the seat! IMO, that would be a bad thing to do.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I wouldn't. They are not waterproof. I spot clean when needed.
I agree. If their cloth, they will soak and smell and if their leather, they will crack and stain. I spot clean my seats, and after wheeling I just give my jeep a good wipe down with a lightly wet towel and then condition the leather so it won't crack.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Pressure wash away. Have done it many times. No mildew smell or anything. Just air dry in sun. Of course I am always doing things other posters say is a no no...water crossing depths top of hood, muddin without top/doors, pressure washing seats, driving in pouring rain naked. To each his own. Mine's a toy. Period. I drive it like others do quads. Its just a bigger, more expensive quad is all.
Enjoy,
Troy
Btw, no issues at all in 3 years of this.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pressure wash away. Have done it many times. No mildew smell or anything. Just air dry in sun. Of course I am always doing things other posters say is a no no...water crossing depths top of hood, muddin without top/doors, pressure washing seats, driving in pouring rain naked. To each his own. Mine's a toy. Period. I drive it like others do quads. Its just a bigger, more expensive quad is all.
Enjoy,
Troy
Btw, no issues at all in 3 years of this.
Yeah that i dont get. I see people literally drowning in muddy water but how do you spot clean that? And there's the I got stuck in the torrential downpour... I can't see how you can spot clean mud and Muddy Waters. I feel like taking the top off and literally driving through a lake and coming out :)

Don't feel like spending the money to have somebody shampoo them because they are absolutely Filthy after seven years of abuse. Maybe I will just power wash and then wet vac.

My dd Decided to spray paint the entire back area with a ruby red cherry, extra-large Slurpie. Argh

·
Registered
233 Posts
A spotbot cleaner is tough to beat for seats....I bought one when a Coke Icee became one with the seats and carpet of my VW TDI.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Well you didn't actually tell us how dirty they were in the first place.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The spotbot will clean it right up.....they are nice to have for little accidents like that one. 10 minutes and your seat will look like nothing was ever spilled.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have sprayed mi e with Jon pressure hose many times.. Has not hurt it that I know of. Sometime that is just the best way to clean it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have sprayed mi e with Jon pressure hose many times.. Has not hurt it that I know of. Sometime that is just the best way to clean it.
I just used the do-it-yourself pressure washer at the wash Like I always do, but they also have the Master blower to blow the water and everything out and off. It's 102 Here so I'm hoping by having the top down that I can no longer probably put back up now, just dries them quickly.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

Wow really should read what I type when on the phone..

Should of read like this.

I have sprayed mine with non pressure hose many times. Has not hurt it yet that I know of. Sometimes that is just the best way to clean it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts