Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed my 95 yj's hose in the bottom middle of my dash is broken can someone please tell me what it's for. Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Pics or a little more info would help. What type of hose, or size? The only hose I know of in the middle of the dash is the defrost tube. Looks kind of like a clothes dryer vent hose but smaller.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's it it's in the bottom middle. I thought it might have had something to do with my 4x4 light not coming on.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It should run from the heater housing assembly up to the dash vent. As far as your 4wd light........ I have an 87 that I've had about a year now and the light never has worked. I have checked the bulb, the connections, and the wiring and all I can figure out is that its the vacuum operated switch located below the battery tray. The only place to get it is at the dealer, so I gave up. Never even checked on a price for it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help I believe that is the hose and I think I'll check some of that out about the 4wd light. But what will it do if the hose is broken? Will the defrost just not work?

·
Registered
392 Posts
You may still get some heat to the windshield, but not as much as you should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts