Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had enough left in my tank to finish my Host-A-Cart as well today. I haven't taken the top off as I'm still looking at soft tops (rains a lot here in FL this time of the year)

I have to stay that their instructions aren't that great - but called them twice and Jacob at Lange was amazing. Sent me emails, videos and talked me though all my questions. At first I thought I was going to never get this done and send it back. Jacob changed my mind! Amazing support!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nice, thought about getting the hoist-a-cart but went with the hoist crank instead. Hoping I have enough clearance in the garage.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just know my garage would never be clean enough to pull my jeep in :)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Haha, I can't even walk through mine right now. It is motivation for me to clean it up (mostly throw away junk). Plus my wife will be less annoyed with the money I spent on the hoist. Although the first time with the top off she'll be happy with it anyway.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree the instructions were definitely lacking. Don't be surprised if you have to adjust the crimp on the front hook. I have my crimp at about 2 1/2 feet in order to lift it level. Used it to pull my top this morning and it worked as expected. Definitely glad I got it

·
Registered
35 Posts
2.5' crimp adjustment?! Well damn. I just finished putting mine together and put it away. We've has some nice weather days but we're not at a point yet where I can take the top off so I'll have to wait to actually use it / see what my final adjustments may be.

My paper instructions begin at Step 5 so I assume I'm missing some pages. Good thing it came with an instructional dvd!

One thing I'm not liking is the amount of manual cranking you need do. I know the dvd has a guy using a drill to make the pulley move faster but I can't really do that due to having the manual crank.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You should be able to take the handle off and put the nut back on by itself. Then the drill with the 19mm deep socket should allow you to turn it one direction.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should be able to take the handle off and put the nut back on by itself. Then the drill with the 19mm deep socket should allow you to turn it one direction.
With an extension on my drill I was able to do it with my drill still. I am ok with cranking as I want to go slow I am still looking for what to put on my jeep before I take my top off problem is weather in fl is unpredictable so I am still figuring this out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts