Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much work am I in for? I have a 95 YJ. Last year I had a hard time getting it to engage when switched from cold to hot. It finally "grabbed" when slid over and I left it in the hot position all year. I accidently slid it back over the other night thinking I was turning the other lever to off. So when you turn the heat on, its still not allowing it to open up and blow the hot air. This is my project for Sat morning since the wife wants to ride up The Blue Ridge Parkway on Sunday. I want her to have some heat and actually enjoy the ride. She doesnt spend much time in the Jeep.

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
458 Posts
ssshane said:
How much work am I in for? I have a 95 YJ. Last year I had a hard time getting it to engage when switched from cold to hot. It finally "grabbed" when slid over and I left it in the hot position all year. I accidently slid it back over the other night thinking I was turning the other lever to off. So when you turn the heat on, its still not allowing it to open up and blow the hot air. This is my project for Sat morning since the wife wants to ride up The Blue Ridge Parkway on Sunday. I want her to have some heat and actually enjoy the ride. She doesnt spend much time in the Jeep.

Thanks in advance everyone.
The lever is attached to a cable. It has a little clamp that might have came loose. Look up behind the controls. You should be able to see it slipping.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Follow the cable from the switch it goes to the heater core by the footwell in the passanger side, the cable attaches to this lever with this plastic bracket. Mine broke so i would slide it and nothing would happen so i super glued it in place now it works fine. Check it out it may be broken. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts