Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I measured 205F right by the gas pedal after a short WOT blast. I know one of my cats is bad and that could possible add to the heat. I'll have it fixed before the end of the month so we'll see. I have some quality heat shield that I will add under the jeep in that area, so hopefully that helps a lot too.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
yup, those mini-cats really heat up the tunnel.

I had a bad mini-cat too, the damn honeycomb came loose and turned sideways inside the housing. The engine was not happy, and underhood temps were ridiculous. I ended up doing a custom setup, you may appreciate it...send me a PM if you're interested :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, those mini-cats really heat up the tunnel.

I had a bad mini-cat too, the damn honeycomb came loose and turned sideways inside the housing. The engine was not happy, and underhood temps were ridiculous. I ended up doing a custom setup, you may appreciate it...send me a PM if you're interested :)
I'm going to take it to the dealer and try and have them do it under warranty. If not, I'll hit you up and burn in a new cat. Gotta pass smog by the end of the month!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts