Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening,

My 2014 automatic Jeep Wrangler is having issues. Around New Years I had the hot alarm come up. Added oil and problem went away , had an oil change after that and even went on a long trip and no issues. Now , a few weeks ago, had the same issue , but I had recently had an oil change on it. Read around and found out that it may be low on tranny oil. It was a little bit low , the fluid itself looked pristine. I added some and again , the problem was solved. I had not moved the Jeep much due to the Covid -19 problem.Been off work for a few days. This morning I went to turn it on and it hard a very hard start. Drove it and all of the sudden , that same alarm , only this time as soon as I turned it off, it won’t start. I had it off for a few hours. Just a few minutes ago , I went outside , It’s Pretty cold. I tried to start it, which it did, but went off right away. However I noticed the Trans temp was at 180. How is that possible if it’s been off for hours in a pretty cool temperature. Can some one give me some advice, it’s literally my only vehicle. What should I do from here? View attachment 4418422

·
Registered
878 Posts
It sounds like there may be a problem with the torque converter staying locked up which can generate heat and make starting hard.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Did the trans temp give the reading in park or drive.
If park, the evic will display engine temp and not trans temp.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
when mine started doing this, I wound up replacing the transmission, if you start to get the torque converter error your tranny is likely on it's last leg.

While in park , the tranny temp said 176. Now all the alarms on the dashboard have lit up and the Jeep won’t even start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts