Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
you should always have your o/d off when in 4 wheel drive. low is recommended (obviously at low speeds) especially since the engine tends to run really hot in 4 wheel high.

if auto, please get yourself an aux cooler.

if manual, see dealer.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Manual doesn't have a "hot oil" warning. If you're using 4H, make sure you turn off ESP by holding the button in for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Manual doesn't have a "hot oil" warning. If you're using 4H, make sure you turn off ESP by holding the button in for 5 seconds.
I've seen this said before. Gotta ask now. When I just press my button the light shows on the display. I tried to hold it for over 5 seconds and didn't notice anything different with the light or feel when driving off road. What am I missing?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
I've seen this said before. Gotta ask now. When I just press my button the light shows on the display. I tried to hold it for over 5 seconds and didn't notice anything different with the light or feel when driving off road. What am I missing?
Put you TC in 4H. Press and hold the button for 5 seconds. You will hear a ding and it will read ESP Off across your odometer. 4L will shut it off automatically.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This issue must be hit or miss. I tool around in the sandy desert of AZ and never see hot oil alarm??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts