Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Unlimited on 4 inch lift and 35/12.5 bfg mt t/a km2. I was driving on the beach today and my hot oil light started flashing and stayed on for a while. I was wondering if I'm reading other posts right and should a get a trans cooler? I was running in 4h just cruising at 2k rpm? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yes. Auto trans cooler. Simple, efficient and affordable

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I have an 07 Unlimited on 4 inch lift and 35/12.5 bfg mt t/a km2. I was driving on the beach today and my hot oil light started flashing and stayed on for a while. I was wondering if I'm reading other posts right and should a get a trans cooler? I was running in 4h just cruising at 2k rpm? Any other suggestions?
Same answer I gave you in the JK section (you only need to post in one section, btw). :thumb:

You should get a transmission cooler.

Some good tips for avoiding the hot oil warning:

Avoiding "Hot Oil" on the Beach
Hot oil warning lignt

This seems to be a popular brand of cooer:

B&M Automatic Transmission SuperCooler 70268 Jeep Wrangler

More info on their site, here:

TRANSMISSION COOLERS | B&M Transmission Coolers - lightweight all-aluminum construction

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I appreciate it. Yeah I'm trying to figure out the forum like where to post stuff. Thanks for the help..

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
:thumb:

That post could've gone either place, but you'd get the most responses (usually) in the JK section, since it deals directly with the JK auto transmission.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tips from the Beas

Unless you have regeared, you are putting a lot of stress on everything from the trans, down to the axle bearings and it will run hotter. You should already have a trans cooler if it's an automatic. If so, check your filter. Trans filters are only good for about 30-50K miles. Hope that helps you. :wavey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts