Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the jeep has been having trouble starting lately. On a warmer day, if I shut it off then go to turn it over 5 or so minutes later, it'll almost lag a little bit and seem like it's going to die but then it fires over. I've read about the TSB for the 00-04 tj's but I have the 97 4.0 in my tj.

I know I have a leaking drainback valve in my fuel pump as well, but I don't think that would do it? Unless the lack of pressure in the system is causing a vapor lock in my fuel rail?

I don't have problems with it while it's running, just when it starts hot.

I plan to clean the injectors and replace the plugs/wires/cap/rotor with my next oil change in about 1000 miles, do you think it could be related to this and I should do that now? Or does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Why not just try the insulator sleeve to see if it really is vapor lock? It's looks to be a simple repair but I suspect you will need a new fuel pump/regulator unit. You should check the fuel pressure next time you have the starting issues.(approx 49psi)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not just try the insulator sleeve to see if it really is vapor lock? It's looks to be a simple repair but I suspect you will need a new fuel pump/regulator unit. You should check the fuel pressure next time you have the starting issues.(approx 49psi)
Could the insulator sleeve fix this issue though? I'm not getting any codes, and I don't have the same symptoms others have where it runs rough for a minute or two.. I know my check valve is bad it's one project that's on the list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts