Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we finally got some REALLY hot days here in Jersey. I know that Vegas and Phoenix have been at triple digits for a while now, but this is heat wave territory here.

My Jeep sits out in an unshaded parking lot all day. When I got into it yesterday after work and during lunch today, I felt the headliner. It was mildly warm to the touch, perhaps less so than a towel right from the dryer. Then I touched the plastic roof area that was not covered by the headliner. It was HOT to the touch, to the point where it'd be uncomfortable to keep your hand on it.

I don't have the equipment to measure the surface temps of the headliner vs the bare plastic [the trim areas where the headliner would not be able to cover], but I can tell you from casual observation that there's a big difference.

Dunno how much it affects the interior temp of the jeep (I also crack the windows and use a sunshade in the windshield) because I just bought it in November. But it still makes me feel good about having bought these.

http://hotheadheadliners.com/

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice, was thinking about getting the headliners, It was hot as hell here in South Jerz, Had to put my roof and doors back on, I couldnt bare it any longer. I tinted my windows on the side with 20 percent to match the back and 35 on the entire windshield, it really keeps the heat out but the roof just bakes the inside. Im ordering now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the full set of headliners in my JKU yesterday. Hasn't been overly hot here yet but what I'm most pleased with is the aesthetic upgrade the headliners provide to the interior. The solid white is ugly in my opinion and with the headliners it breaks it up and now the black and white actually look good together!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, was thinking about getting the headliners, It was hot as hell here in South Jerz, Had to put my roof and doors back on, I couldnt bare it any longer. I tinted my windows on the side with 20 percent to match the back and 35 on the entire windshield, it really keeps the heat out but the roof just bakes the inside. Im ordering now.
If you're near Bridgeton, I can show you mine.

And I agree the additional benefit to the headliners is that they actually do LOOK good. It helps that they're manufactured by an upholstery company, not an auto parts co. I thought the custom fit was fine, and they appear to be holding up with no problems at all.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I agree about the aesthetic look and feel but I can't justify $340 for these things on looks alone. They are at least $100 overpriced imo. I'll wait for another sale before I bite.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree about the aesthetic look and feel but I can't justify $340 for these things on looks alone. They are at least $100 overpriced imo. I'll wait for another sale before I bite.
Mine were cheaper because I only have the 2-door.

And yes, the price is high for the materials used. I think what we're paying for is the custom fit which I think they nailed, and the convenience of having them shipped complete (or in my case, the inability to create the quality myself with raw materials.)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hey, that's why our AC kicks ass.

If heat were and ass and our AC a boot, it would kick it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
We are here in Vegas. Recently installed the hot heads in both of our Jeeps. There was a noticeable difference right away. Great product, looks great. Well worth the money.

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
It's a great product. I have Hothead liners as well, and they have been great. Much lower road noise, better temp control, stereo sounds better, and makes the Jeep interior look "more finished" and "luxurious." I have the full kit, which includes the rear sides.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I also have the full Hot Heads kit and really like it for all of the reasons folks have mentioned. Phoenix has been hotter than usual and that is one mod I would definitely do again.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
It's a great product. I have Hothead liners as well, and they have been great. Much lower road noise, better temp control, stereo sounds better, and makes the Jeep interior look "more finished" and "luxurious." I have the full kit, which includes the rear sides.
-----------------
I agree as well! Yes I have them also :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Maltesefalcn said:
If you're near Bridgeton, I can show you mine.

And I agree the additional benefit to the headliners is that they actually do LOOK good. It helps that they're manufactured by an upholstery company, not an auto parts co. I thought the custom fit was fine, and they appear to be holding up with no problems at all.
Ha, I'm in Hopewell. 5 min outside bridgeton

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
i just installed a full set today,,, for those wondering if their worth the 250.. i would say yes,,, now dont get me wrong, im not made of money, but this was an investment well worth the money.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
okay i'm convinced, i'm going to buy them.. i've been kicking this one around for a while.. thanks to all who shared. :thumb:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I want a full set (including rear side windows). I wonder if they'll go on sale again. Found the HH eBay ad, but $323 shipped for the whole set is a bit too much for my budget. :(

·
Registered
414 Posts
Buy with confidence from them. We had a slight problem with ours, I contacted Mark and he took care of it quickly and completely. Great customer service.

There is a discount for military on their website.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts