Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rancho introduces their new rear shock and control arm skids. The RS62135.

I really like the design. As is typical, the welded design will be strong and offer excellent protection.

The rear shock mount is a place that I often drag around on the rocks...

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
@Pressurized I wonder if they will fit with the falcon 3.1?

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Why only available in red? Add more cost for stripping and powdercoating black.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was my first thought as well. We would have to bore the hole to fit the Falcon shock mount. And I don't know how well it would cover the shock with it's outboard mount. It would be cool if they made a set that had the larger hole already and the plate was wider to cover the bottom of the outside mount Falcon shock.

Although, in a new installation, I think this would negate the drilling of the stock shock mount for Falcon's, just have the larger hole on the skid plate mount.

Reactions: Rancho

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I am 99.9999% sure they do. I know they do on the JL.
totally different set up on the jk vs the jl. Send me a set and I will check it out for you.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
can of black paint is cheap.
Come on, it's been a long time since I was in high school. - That's how we would paint our PUs back then.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
747 Posts
Did you cut off the bottom of the stock shock mount after installing the Metalcloak mount? If not, you might have to fab a spacer for the bolt that goes through the shock mount, but then it would work fine.

I actually haven't had the chance to install them yet. Right now they are in a storage unit with my Jeep in Ohio while I'm in North Carolina working for the next month or so.

It's something I'll have to take a look at when I get home. I just thought the idea of cutting off the mount a little higher than stock and adding the skid would make for an awesome combo if it could work.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually haven't had the chance to install them yet. Right now they are in a storage unit with my Jeep in Ohio while I'm in North Carolina working for the next month or so.

It's something I'll have to take a look at when I get home. I just thought the idea of cutting off the mount a little higher than stock and adding the skid would make for an awesome combo if it could work.
If you cut off the bottom of the mount after you install the MC mounts, the skids will lose their rear mounting point.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
That was my first thought as well. We would have to bore the hole to fit the Falcon shock mount. And I don't know how well it would cover the shock with it's outboard mount. It would be cool if they made a set that had the larger hole already and the plate was wider to cover the bottom of the outside mount Falcon shock.

Although, in a new installation, I think this would negate the drilling of the stock shock mount for Falcon's, just have the larger hole on the skid plate mount.
I was thinking these would help the people that already drilled to mount the Falcons and decided to run a different shock like me.

·
Registered
698 Posts
looks good. I'd probably consider them if I didn't already have the evo skids.

Something to think about, if you have an axle side track bar relocation bracket, you'll probably have to source a long LCA bolt.

Also, it'd be nice if someone could redesign the front LCA skids to match the curve of the stock mount and not have that lip that hangs so low like most of them do now.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I have the falcon skids on our jeep and work very well. On our first trip after putting the falcons on, the skids saved one from severe issues.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have the falcon skids on our jeep and work very well. On our first trip after putting the falcons on, the skids saved one from severe issues.
I have the falcon skids as well and have for the last 25000 or so miles with lots of offroading over the last 2 years. they protect the shock fine but do nothing for the control arm skid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts