Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JKUR was "released" and placed on a railcar in Toledo today!! (VOTS still says I'm in frame!) Insight is indicating, however, that my Jeep won't reach the distribution center in Mesquite, TX until the 20th, and estimates a dealer delivery on the 25th.

Are they just being overly conservative, or does it really take that long? Even if it takes a week for the railcars to reach TX, wouldn't the dealership get its hands on the vehicles quicker than 5 days? Just wishful thinking on my part, but maybe some of you have first-hand experience?

Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Insight still had my Jeep in Ohio when I was driving it.

Read a book or something till it gets there. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha, yeah, I probably shouldn't hit "refresh" every 10 minutes! But from your experience with Insight, I guess it's safe to say they could be way off the mark? ;)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Ha ha, yeah, I probably shouldn't hit "refresh" every 10 minutes! But from your experience with Insight, I guess it's safe to say they could be way off the mark? ;)
They were in my case...this was last October. I only checked three times. First time it was done being painted. Second time it was being painted. Hmm. I decided not to torture myself. The day I picked up the Jeep, I checked again, just for laughs, and they had it on a railcar in Ohio, IIRC.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine came a day early from what insight was saying. So mine was pretty close. Its fun to watch each departure from each pitstop the train makes and then track it on a map to watch its route. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine was unloaded from the railcar 12 days before it got to the dealer. It still got to the dealer three days before the insight estimate.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn it, my Insight link stopped working this morning!! :speechless-smiley: I guess someone at the mothership finally realized that the link had been leaked to the general public...

And of course this had to happen just as I was starting to track my JKUR's sloooooow movement from OH to TX... :nonono: Now I'll have to rely on my dealership (who remains clueless as to the status of my Jeep, I'm sure) for updates instead... :9lame:

Anybody else out there experience problems with Insight?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Damn it, my Insight link stopped working this morning!! :speechless-smiley: I guess someone at the mothership finally realized that the link had been leaked to the general public...

And of course this had to happen just as I was starting to track my JKUR's sloooooow movement from OH to TX... :nonono: Now I'll have to rely on my dealership (who remains clueless as to the status of my Jeep, I'm sure) for updates instead... :9lame:

Anybody else out there experience problems with Insight?
Dude, you're taking years off your life. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts