Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search, but "leaks" brings up a lot of unrelated things.

I have a 2017 JKU and have had to take it back to the dealer 4 times for the infamous door water leak. Fortunately its a) a lease and b) covered under warranty. I like my Jeep, and have really considered buying it out after the lease, BUT just talked to Mopar Warranty sales about the extended warranty options. It doesn't cover the leaks.

So, that changes a lot because I'm about as confident that it won't leak again as I am that I could pick up and throw it.

Have the JLs been better with leaks? Really considering making the move to one now.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
In the one year since this Jeep - it has been completely soaked about 4 times.
Oh well.

As far as the leaks you are asking about - I have not heard of any nor have I had any.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My JL leaks as much as my JK leaked...… Never

Reactions: aqualungs

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
The JL seems to stay pretty dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,569 Posts
Did a quick search, but "leaks" brings up a lot of unrelated things.

I have a 2017 JKU and have had to take it back to the dealer 4 times for the infamous door water leak. Fortunately its a) a lease and b) covered under warranty. I like my Jeep, and have really considered buying it out after the lease, BUT just talked to Mopar Warranty sales about the extended warranty options. It doesn't cover the leaks.

So, that changes a lot because I'm about as confident that it won't leak again as I am that I could pick up and throw it.

Have the JLs been better with leaks? Really considering making the move to one now.
When was the last time you were at the dealer? We would be happy to get a case open and escalated for you so a case manager can work with you and the dealer to make sure everything is addressed. Feel free to send a private message if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've driven mine through a few big storms already and haven't had any leaks. No leaks at the car wash either.

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,071 Posts
My ‘19 is the first Jeep I’ve had that didn’t leak when it rains. Both my JKs leaked a little (nothing I was interested in troubleshooting), but this one not a drop.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I hope it doesn't leak. My JKU leaked like crazy. and was one of the main reasons I traded I in. Last week my JKU had about .5 inch of rain in it!!!! However just got my JLU and no leaking yet! and it poured by me yesterday :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts