Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm having the same problem I just bought this jeep less than 30 days ago. Calling him tomorrow but I would love to see what the cost of repair or a new frame would cost.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm still wheeling with mine and it's in way worse shape than that I don't think there's much left of my rail lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the frame looks like this, anybody know how much it would cost to repair on my own/finding a shop to do it?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Most of the frame looks like this, anybody know how much it would cost to repair on my own/finding a shop to do it?
You're approaching new frame territory. Take a hammer and start bashing the frame. If the metal is good the hammer will bounce back. If it acts like a dead blow then that area is rusted. Chip away everywhere and see how bad it is. From that picture and this quote it's looking pretty bleak. If it was just that section it'd be relatively easy to splice in a new piece. Couple hundred dollars or start making friends.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I'm still wheeling with mine and it's in way worse shape than that I don't think there's much left of my rail lol
Please tell me you don't drive in Texas.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
for the OP sake, how much are new frames?

·
Registered
263 Posts
bad thats not rust thats rot. My jeep was starting to look like that and then I repaired it. i posted on here i think a year ago dont remember. All I can reccomend is getting some U channels welded on to reinforce the frame, por 15 any surface rust and paint any bare metal. its a project

·
Registered
263 Posts
for the OP sake, how much are new frames?
A ton of money I think I saw somewhere maybe it was quadratec idr its like $2k for the frame and then countless hours of labor... I would get a good welder and hit her with por15 and some paint. If not you're only other option might be to sell and find another. Not worth the thousands for a new frame imo

·
Registered
945 Posts
A ton of money I think I saw somewhere maybe it was quadratec idr its like $2k for the frame and then countless hours of labor... I would get a good welder and hit her with por15 and some paint. If not you're only other option might be to sell and find another. Not worth the thousands for a new frame imo
Used, good condition frame n swap labor in Jersey = ~$3K

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just went through the exact same thing, just got my jeep back yesterday after a frame swap. Mine was rotted in the exact same spots yours is plus in other places you can't see. The dealership i bought it from gave me 1700 dollars towards the cost and i kicked in 500. I already had some money into it in audio and new wheels and tires so i decided to keep it. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts