Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad or rough will the ride be if I get a 2.5 spring lift without the shocks. you can get most lifts from RC without shocks for 100 bucks less, and I am on a tight budget. I can always get the shocks later if I have to, so I dont think its a big deal but Im just wondering.

I want to get a nice better lift (probably zone, 3 or 4 in) and get heavier axles and all the fun stuff in a few years, so I figure the RC should get me by until then.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I think it would be bouncy and dangerous.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I don't think you mean install without shocks. You mean install with your stick shocks. If so, the stock shocks will be over extended if you use them in any off road situation. They will limit axle movement, band and likely damage the shocks in short order. 100.00? Wait and do it right.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
How bad or rough will the ride be if I get a 2.5 spring lift without the shocks. you can get most lifts from RC without shocks for 100 bucks less, and I am on a tight budget. I can always get the shocks later if I have to, so I dont think its a big deal but Im just wondering.
You plan to run with no shocks? You do understand those are needed for driving the vehicle safely, right?

btw, being on a tight budget isn't an excuse to set your jeep up like crap and unsafely. Just keep it stock and save money...you don't NEED a lift to save your life.

I want to get a nice better lift (probably zone, 3 or 4 in) and get heavier axles and all the fun stuff in a few years, so I figure the RC should get me by until then.
Don't spend money on low quality stuff only to spend that money twice to replace it with better quality stuff. If you're on a tight budget, then its even more important you only spend your money once, on a high quality product.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys obviously misread. I said If I GOT a lift kit w/o after market shocks, not INSTALL. As Neil F said, leaving the stock shocks on.

Anyways, thats what I was thinking, they would get over extended in offroad use, but I wasnt sure on that. Thanks for the info.

I dont think you understand, Im getting a smaller lift so I dont set it up like crap and break stuff, Then buying a larger lift later. I wont be able to afford the more expensive one anytime soon, sadly. I will however wait til I have money to buy the kit AND aftermarket shocks together, thanks to your suggestions.

The whole reason for asking the question was to get a response as to if it would be safe and doable with stock shocks and longer coils.

If someone can answer that question, that would be lovely. I know now that It will damage them if I do any intense offroading, so I will just wait a little longer until I get the money, and probably just purchase the zone lift instead of RC since Im going to wait anyways.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Just wait until you have the money to do what you plan on doing anyway no sense in takin two steps back to go forward

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Is $261 too much? Skyjacker 2" lift with hydro shocks, from Quadratec will get you started, you can always add to it, with a bodylift.. ect, later as the money comes along.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was leaning toward a little more lift, and quadratec is always expensive out the butt haha. Ive heard it wont give even a full 2 inches anyways. I might as well wait and get the 3 inch from zone, I talked to AOR and can get it for 400. Its supposed to be pretty great, so Im just gona save up a bit more. then 1 in body and add the same size spacers in back as I have in front now. 33s and Ill be done til I get money for axles DS SYE and regear... which will be a long time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts