Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea of how big a tire I can stuff under a 92 yj with a 3" lift? Ive got a 2.5" rc kit with a 1/2" shackle lift. Thers BFG 31" MT under it now (although they only measure 30") and they work fine but look a little small. I feel secure that a 32 of the same would be ok, But Id like to go to 33" if possible to get the 12" width. Right now Ive got 6-1/4" clearance from top of the rear tire to the factory rubber flare and 5-1/2 on the front. Any pics would be helpful. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
680 Posts
measure from about the 2 oclock position to the bottom of the rear flare. that's where the tire is going to bend the sheet metal. rear tires travel up and back. my rule of thumb is 4 fingers distance from tire to bottom of rear flare.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The sawzall and cut off wheel can fix that. Flatline is right. I caved in my fenders in that exact spot. I am running 35's with 4" of lift. If you dont mind a little trimming you can get the 33's on there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts