Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory tires on my 2008 4 door wrangler P255/75R17. I am happy with them but I have to get 4 tires and if I can go up a size with these rims without things rubbing - I would like to know what that size would be.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just put a set of 255/80/17 BFG KM2's on my 2dr 09 Rubi that currently is stock height with no rubbing issues. They're about 33 1/2 tall.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
B11 said:
I just put a set of 255/80/17 BFG KM2's on my 2dr 09 Rubi that currently is stock height with no rubbing issues. They're about 33 1/2 tall.
And that's the answer. Any bigger and you'll rub.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
You can also get 275/70/17 and get by but are very limited in brands that carry that size

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
As usual, I have more questions than answers. What if you took a stock JK, installed bushwacker flat fender flares, installed wheels with 4" or 4.5" backspacing, and performed some wheel well trimming. Would you be able to fit 35's?

If I remember correctly, the Jeep Lower Forty is a JK with no lift, and 40" tires.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
kev324 said:
As usual, I have more questions than answers. What if you took a stock JK, installed bushwacker flat fender flares, installed wheels with 4" or 4.5" backspacing, and performed some wheel well trimming. Would you be able to fit 35's?

If I remember correctly, the Jeep Lower Forty is a JK with no lift, and 40" tires.
Yes. In that circumstance, 35s would fit comfortably.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
kev324 said:
This setup seems to have a lot of advantages, low cost, low center of gravity, no drive shaft angle issues. I'm thinking of going this route when I start off-roading.
It's called a "low center of gravity" build, or "lcg". Run it through the search here or even just on Google and you'll get some informative hits. :thumb:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have no flat fenders .... 33s and no wheel spacers .... Can't turn the wheel all the way but can 90%. And my tire only rubes a weee bit at full flex...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts