Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been asked, but I searched and didnt turn anything up.

I have a stock 07 Rubicon. How big a tire can I put on it with out any lift? Can I do 35"? Or would I need to add spacers for that?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
33's if it never leaves the road. they'll rub offroad.

32's for good offroad use.

EDIT: contrary to popular belief, I'd recommend no less than 3" ACTUAL lift height to successfully run 35's offroad on a JK. a BB will be ok for a street queen.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Im sure this has been asked, but I searched and didnt turn anything up.

I have a stock 07 Rubicon. How big a tire can I put on it with out any lift? Can I do 35"? Or would I need to add spacers for that?

Thanks
Describe your "vision" of your build.

You could stuff some 35s on wheels with the right backspacing (or use spacers) if you had some flat flares (like the bushwacker product). A bit of extra lift would help.
It will look low and mean this way; not your conventional build but pretty cool.

The downside to not lifting is the concomitant lack of breakover and departure angle. I lifted mine for those sole purposes ---- and I was hitting the back fenders just a scootch with 33s.

So, give it a think. Even think about the 35s; most people who buy and run them don't need them. They buy them for cosmetic purposes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great points like always hilldweller!

Ok, here is my thought on what I would "like" to do. I am definitely on a budget, and this is really the wifes vehicle, so I cant go crazy with things. Please let me know what you guys think.

I was thinking of getting 33" tires, 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers, and some spacers for the tops of the springs-maybe 2"??

This would give me a little wider and a little taller stance and not break the bank. Does all that look kosher?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Great points like always hilldweller!

Ok, here is my thought on what I would "like" to do. I am definitely on a budget, and this is really the wifes vehicle, so I cant go crazy with things. Please let me know what you guys think.

I was thinking of getting 33" tires, 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers, and some spacers for the tops of the springs-maybe 2"??

This would give me a little wider and a little taller stance and not break the bank. Does all that look kosher?
Sounds kosher to me...Exactly what I just did with my Rubi...2.5 BB (coil spacers), and 1.5 spidertrax wheel spacers. You will have plenty of room to run 33s...even 35s

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have 265/75 16 (31.5) on stock rims with no lift, no problem...

And I stopped at 265 because the stock steel rims really aren't rated for over 265s,

I would think you could go 275/70 17 (32in) or maybe even 275/75 17 (33in) without the spacers. 275 are a little under 11in wide,, if you went with a true 33x11.50 you will probably need spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts